Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 PM
linux guy

Default Continued problems with kernel 2.6.40.3-0 and nvidia 280.13-2 in fc15 ?

Am I the only one having problems with kernel 2.6.40.3-0 and/or (a)kmod-nvidia 280.13-2 in fc14 and/or fc15 ?

My Dell duo won't boot the afore mentioned kernel at all.* It fails with a kernel bug message.* It runs prior kernels just fine.

My HP laptop freezes during a graphical session login with the aforementioned kernel and nvidia module.* It did so in FC14.* I upgraded to fc15 and it does the same thing.

The same laptop runs the F15 Live iso just fine and also runs the aforementioned kernel from the cli just fine.* The problem is only when a graphical session is being used.

Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me ?