Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Michael Hennebry

Default how do I play this file?

How do I play a
Macromedia Flash data (compressed), version 10 aka
Shockwave Flash file (application/x-shockwave-flash) file.
The former came from the file command, the latter from right-clicking.
The first time, right-clicking produced an offer to search for a package.
I clicked on yes .
During the install, I got a "warning" about something aborting.
Now right clicking produces an offer to open
with vnc2swf Screen Recordings Player.
It doesn't work.
A window comes up and disappears without even achieving opacity.
How do I play the file?

--
Michael hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Joe Zeff

On 08/31/2011 12:11 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> How do I play a
> Macromedia Flash data (compressed), version 10 aka
> Shockwave Flash file (application/x-shockwave-flash) file.

I just received two copies of this, and the rest of the list probably
did too. I see that you sent a CC to fedora-list@redhat.com, and I
think that address just sends another copy to the Fedora list. You may
want to reconsider that. (Not a complaint, just a friendly heads-up. I
sent it openly because AFAICT there are several people doing this and
this gets the word out to all of you at once.)

In any event, good luck with your Flash difficulties; I wish I had an
answer for you.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Ranjan Maitra

Well, you need to let us know more specifics for us to be any use at
all.

Where did you get this file? If it is a flash plugin you need, which is
what I suspect, just download it from Adobe and install. (Of course,
what exactly you need to know will also depend on what exactly your
system is.)

Ranjan

Old 08-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Manuel Escudero

Well, you need to let us know more specifics for us to be any use at

all.

Where did you get this file? If it is a flash plugin you need, which is

what I suspect, just download it from Adobe and install. (Of course,

what exactly you need to know will also depend on what exactly your

system is.)

Ranjan

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:11:23 -0500 Michael Hennebry

<hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> How do I play a

> Macromedia Flash data (compressed), version 10 aka

> Shockwave Flash file (application/x-shockwave-flash) file.

> The former came from the file command, the latter from right-clicking.

> The first time, right-clicking produced an offer to search for a package.

> I clicked on yes .

> During the install, I got a "warning" about something aborting.

> Now right clicking produces an offer to open

> with vnc2swf Screen Recordings Player.

> It doesn't work.

> A window comes up and disappears without even achieving opacity.

> How do I play the file?

> --

> Michael * hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu

> "Pessimist: The glass is half empty.

> Optimist: * The glass is half full.

> Engineer: * The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

is it a "swf" file? ok... You have 3 ways to do it:
For editing:
1) Use "Vectorian Giotto" -*http://vectorian.com/giotto/*under Wine (You need the Microsoft Fonts Package installed) - *http://physics.bgu.ac.il/DOWNLOADS/RPMs/msttcorefonts-2.0-1.noarch.rpm

2) Use any version of Adobe/Macromedia Flash under a VM in VirtualBox
For just viewing:
3) Click with left button of the mouse, hit "Open With" and Open it with firefox.

--
Manuel EscuderoLinux User #509052
Twitter:*@Jmlevick

PGP/GnuPG:*E2F5 12FA E1C3 FA58 CF15 *8481 B77B 00CA C1E1 0FA7Xenode Systems -*xenodesystems.com*-*"Conéctate a Tu Mundo"