Old 08-31-2011, 06:12 PM
"Frederick N. Brier"

Default F15 and Chrome

I upgraded to F15 a couple of weeks ago. Everything is slower, but
Google Chrome behaviour is driving me crazy. For example, when I
bookmark a page, a little dialog pops up. The frame of the dialog will
come up almost immediately, but then it takes at least 40+ seconds for
the widgets to paint. Once I click the dialog's Done button, Chrome
becomes unresponsive for another 40+ seconds. Chrome was uber-fast
before upgrading from F14 to F15. What is going on? And it isn't just
Chrome, it is all my applications, IntelliJ, Thunderbird, the whole
windowing system. What is going on? I must be missing some critical
configuration. I cannot believe that Fedora team would release
something with these behaviour characteristics.

My hardware is not terrible. It is a 3Ghz quad-core Phenom II, 8GB RAM,
nVidia 7950 GT, 3Ware controller with 7200rpm Seagate NS drives. The
nVidia drivers are installed. Nothing has changed. I had a minor issue
with X/Gnome initially not coming up, but once I tweaked the yum.repos.d
files and the new service startup config files, everything worked. It
is just SO slllloooooooowwwww.

Fred