Old 08-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default kde desktop

On 08/31/2011 04:44 PM, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> Hello
> was the KDE desktop removed in F15??
>
> ~]# yum grouplist | grep -i kde
> KDE Software Compilation
> KDE Software Development
>

> I don't find the corresponding group

Software compilation is the current name but if you find the long names
clumsy to type, I recommend using yum -v grouplist to find the shorter name

# yum install @kde

Rahul

Old 08-31-2011, 11:30 PM
"Germán A. Racca"

On 08/31/2011 08:46 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 08/31/2011 04:44 PM, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
>> Hello
>> was the KDE desktop removed in F15??
>>
>> ~]# yum grouplist | grep -i kde
>> KDE Software Compilation
>> KDE Software Development
>>

>> I don't find the corresponding group
>
> Software compilation is the current name but if you find the long names
> clumsy to type, I recommend using yum -v grouplist to find the shorter name
>
> # yum install @kde
>
> Rahul

Actually, the result of "yum -v grouplist" is:

KDE Software Compilation (kde-desktop)

So the short name would be @kde-desktop, but @kde also works!

They are hiding some information here...

--
Germán A. Racca
Fedora Package Maintainer