Old 08-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Ranjan Maitra

Default how to make USB microphone the default

Does anyone know how to make a USB microphone the default? I have been
trying out recordmydesktop with a USB microphone in, but the sound does
not seem to be recording. Without the microphone, the recording
happens, but understandably feebly and with lots of noise.

I am using F15 with the LXDE spin.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

Old 08-30-2011, 07:31 PM
stan

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:58:27 -0500
Ranjan Maitra <maitra@iastate.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to make a USB microphone the default? I have been
> trying out recordmydesktop with a USB microphone in, but the sound
> does not seem to be recording. Without the microphone, the recording
> happens, but understandably feebly and with lots of noise.
>
> I am using F15 with the LXDE spin.

You can use alsa to do this, but it is complicated, and it has been
such a long time that I can't remember the details. Better to use
Pulseaudio. Install pavucontrol and set it in the last tab.