Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 PM
"Linda McLeod"

Default Programs that should load on boot should be easier to do...

When I photo edit, I would like the two files to come up, along with
Gimp..
When the two files come up, they don't come up as I had them on the
desktop.. Gimp doesn't come up at all.. I'm told that I must somehow
reconfigure Gimp to come-up on boot.. I tried twice to reconfigure Gimp
to autoload.. "thht!"...

On the desktop I have one file window taking one third the desktop, with
Gimp on the remaining two-thirds.. Under the pix-file window I have
another window, pulled down with only the top two files showing, to file
pix edits as either "screenpix" or "fixpix"... At every boot I must
rebuild the desktop to my liking... Fedora should have a utility that
the user sets the program to instantly autoload at boot.. and files
should remember where and how they are set... After all, the "Computer"
is the epitome of efficiency.. or should be.. and Fedora is most
definitely the best of the best...

--
Linda McLeod
lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm

Old 08-30-2011, 07:56 PM
stan

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:54:35 -0700
"Linda McLeod" <lindavaldeen@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> When I photo edit, I would like the two files to come up, along with
> Gimp..

I don't run Gnome 3 shell, just the fallback. The fallback doesn't
have this, though it used to work just the way you describe under Gnome
2 in F14. I think there are many features in Gnome 3 that haven't been
implemented yet.