Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 PM

Default setting date and time format using gnome desktop

greetings,

when using gnome desktop, how are date and time format set?.

tia.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Hiisi

On 29 August 2011 17:37, g <geleem@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> greetings,
>
> when using gnome desktop, how are date and time format set?.

I'm far from my F15 installation now but if I remember correctly it's
done from settings bundle.

> tia.
>
> --
>
> peace out.
>
> tc.hago,

> .
<--SNIP-->

--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 PM

On 08/29/2011 07:05 PM, Hiisi wrote:
> On 29 August 2011 17:37, g <geleem@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> greetings,
>>
>> when using gnome desktop, how are date and time format set?.
>>

> I'm far from my F15 installation now but if I remember correctly it's
> done from settings bundle.

"settings bundle"? could you elaborate?

thank you.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**

Old 08-29-2011, 07:16 PM

On 08/29/2011 07:05 PM, Hiisi wrote:
> On 29 August 2011 17:37, g <geleem@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> greetings,
>>
>> when using gnome desktop, how are date and time format set?.
>>

> I'm far from my F15 installation now but if I remember correctly it's
> done from settings bundle.

i am new to gnome.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Hiisi

On 29 August 2011 19:16, g <geleem@bellsouth.net> wrote:
<--SNIP-->

> i am new to gnome.
>
> "settings bundle"? could you elaborate?
>
> thank you.

Let me gnome.org that for you:
http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/
Last paragraph is titled 'Easy system settings'. All you have to do is
fire up 'System Settings' from Applications menu. The date and time
settings are there.

OT: personally, I adore Gnome 3. However, on one of my workstations I
use twm as primary WM ;-)

Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 19:23 +0000, Hiisi wrote:
> On 29 August 2011 19:16, g <geleem@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> <--SNIP-->
> >
> > i am new to gnome.
> >
> > "settings bundle"? could you elaborate?
> >
> > thank you.
> >

> Let me gnome.org that for you:
> http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/
> Last paragraph is titled 'Easy system settings'. All you have to do is
> fire up 'System Settings' from Applications menu. The date and time
> settings are there.
>
> OT: personally, I adore Gnome 3. However, on one of my workstations I
> use twm as primary WM ;-)
>
> > --
> >
> > peace out.
> >
> > tc.hago,

> > .
In both F14 ans F15 you run the date & time program, Under System->
Administration on F14

Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 PM

On 08/29/2011 07:23 PM, Hiisi wrote:
<>

> Let me gnome.org that for you:
> http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/
> Last paragraph is titled 'Easy system settings'. All you have to do is
> fire up 'System Settings' from Applications menu. The date and time
> settings are there.

thank you. that helps very much.

> OT: personally, I adore Gnome 3. However, on one of my workstations I
> use twm as primary WM ;-)

all i have on systems is kde and gnome.

because of low memory on one box, i am going to load some 'light weight'
desktops to see how they run

thanks again.

--

peace out.