Old 08-29-2011, 04:38 PM
james tate

Default pstotext ???

On 08/29/2011 12:04 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 29.08.2011 17:45, schrieb james tate:

Fedora 15

I downloaded and installed pstotext-1.9-2mamba.i586 and get a Error
message;

GPL Ghostscript 9.02: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

this is not a fedora-package

"poppler-utils" contains "pdftotext" and "ps2pdf" is in the
ghostscript-package - why are you installing some foreign
packages when all tools are included?

I did not know about poppler-utils .

Thank you

Old 08-30-2011, 04:51 AM
Cameron Simpson

On 29Aug2011 12:38, james tate <binarynut@comcast.net> wrote:
| On 08/29/2011 12:04 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
| >Am 29.08.2011 17:45, schrieb james tate:
| >>Fedora 15
| >>
| >>I downloaded and installed pstotext-1.9-2mamba.i586 and get a Error
| >>message;
| >>
| >>GPL Ghostscript 9.02: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
| >this is not a fedora-package
| >
| >"poppler-utils" contains "pdftotext" and "ps2pdf" is in the
| >ghostscript-package - why are you installing some foreign
| >packages when all tools are included?
|
| I did not know about poppler-utils .

FYI, I wrote this extremely dumb "text from PostScript" script.
Crude, but not utterly ineffective, and it doesn't need much in the way
of other tools.

http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/unps

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Wagner's music is better than it sounds. - Mark Twain