Old 08-29-2011, 01:22 PM
David Timms

Default mount ntfs, then nfs export it - empty folder shown on client

Hi, I have:
Server:
- ip=192.168.16.111
- ext4 partitions
- ntfs partition /dev/sda1

/etc/fstab mounts the ntfs partition at:
/home/c-drive/

I can read/write that folder and it's directories from root and my user
account (locally).

I setup nfs export of /home/ to 192.168.16.104

Client:
- ip=192.168.16.104
- mount -t nfs4 192.168.16.111:/ /home/dtnotebook/

- ls -l /home/dtnotebook
shows the folders including c-drive that are present on the server

- ls -l /home/dtnotebook/c-drive
shows no files nor folders present.

I googled my way around the earth and back, trying each suggestion, eg:
http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-faq/#nfs