Old 08-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Reindl Harald

Default How does one run yum on a non working system ?

Am 28.08.2011 21:04, schrieb linux guy:
> Is there a way to run yum to update the files on a non working system
> when booting from a live or rescue iso?

generally: read what the system says to you

in rescure-mode it says ype "chroot /mnt/sysimage" to chroot
your session to the installed system and after that yum works
on this one because / is the / of your installed one

Old 08-28-2011, 10:58 PM
jdow

On 2011/08/28 12:09, Andre Speelmans wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 9:04 PM, linux guy<linuxguy123@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to run yum to update the files on a non working system when
>> booting from a live or rescue iso ?
>
> I would say depends on what and how much is broken.
> But you can try a chroot to the mounted system and then run yum.

chroot not needed. Use "--installroot=root". Substitute the mountpoint
for the damaged system. I believe that should work for him.

{^_^}

Old 08-29-2011, 01:50 AM
linux guy

chroot not needed. Use "--installroot=root". Substitute the mountpoint

for the damaged system. I believe that should work for him.

I knew there was a way.* I couldn't find it in the man page. * Thanks for sharing that.