FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Mike Dwiggins
 
Default Port Question

Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port
and report what application is locking that port?

I am beating my head against an install for of all people my Son-In-Law.

Thanks

Mike D.



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Reindl Harald
 
Default Port Question

man netstat

netstat --numeric-hosts --numeric --notrim --programs -u -t -l

Am 27.08.2011 12:42, schrieb Mike Dwiggins:
> Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port
> and report what application is locking that port?
>
> I am beating my head against an install for of all people my Son-In-Law.
>
> Thanks

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Tom H
 
Default Port Question

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Mike Dwiggins <mike@azdwiggins.com> wrote:
>
> Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port
> and report what application is locking that port?

"netstat -ntulp" will output port, pid, and executable.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-28-2011, 05:14 AM
Mike Dwiggins
 
Default Port Question

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Mike D.

On 8/27/2011 5:10 AM, Tom H wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Mike Dwiggins<mike@azdwiggins.com> wrote:
>> Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port
>> and report what application is locking that port?
> "netstat -ntulp" will output port, pid, and executable.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Tom H
 
Default Port Question

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Mike Dwiggins <mike@azdwiggins.com> wrote:
> On 8/27/2011 5:10 AM, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Mike Dwiggins<mike@azdwiggins.com> *wrote:
>>>
>>> Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port
>>> and report what application is locking that port?
>>
>> "netstat -ntulp" will output port, pid, and executable.
>
> Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

You're welcome.

Someone once posted a script to one of the lists to which I subscribe
that output a "clean" list of ports and daemons. I've been trying to
remember where and when. I've narrowed down the list to debian-user or
ubuntu-users because I remembered yesterday "dpkg ..." being used for
some reason. I can't remember whether it was 6 months ago, 1 year ago,
2 years ago, ... but it'll come at some point.

If I find the thread, I'll post a link; you might find it handy.
You'll just have to replace the "dpkg ..." statements with their "rpm
..." equivalents.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Mike Dwiggins
 
Default Port Question

On 8/27/2011 11:59 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Mike Dwiggins<mike@azdwiggins.com> wrote:
>> On 8/27/2011 5:10 AM, Tom H wrote:
>>> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Mike Dwiggins<mike@azdwiggins.com> wrote:
>>>> Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port
>>>> and report what application is locking that port?
>>> "netstat -ntulp" will output port, pid, and executable.
>> Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.
> You're welcome.
>
> Someone once posted a script to one of the lists to which I subscribe
> that output a "clean" list of ports and daemons. I've been trying to
> remember where and when. I've narrowed down the list to debian-user or
> ubuntu-users because I remembered yesterday "dpkg ..." being used for
> some reason. I can't remember whether it was 6 months ago, 1 year ago,
> 2 years ago, ... but it'll come at some point.
>
> If I find the thread, I'll post a link; you might find it handy.
> You'll just have to replace the "dpkg ..." statements with their "rpm
> ..." equivalents.
Actually I could just try it in Ubuntu first. I have two Fedora Servers
and one Ubuntu. Run the Ubuntu for one application as a favor to my
Son-In-Law. BigBlueButton only runs on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and he needs it
in his Masters program.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-29-2011, 04:22 AM
Jatin K
 
Default Port Question

On Saturday 27 August 2011 04:12 PM, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port
> and report what application is locking that port?

netstat -ntulp


netstat --help for more

> I am beating my head against an install for of all people my Son-In-Law.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike D.
>
>
>


--
v
/(_)
^ ^ Jatin Khatri
RHCSA,RHCE,CCNA
Registerd Linux user No #501175
www.counter.li.org
No M$

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Tom H
 
Default Port Question

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Mike Dwiggins <mike@azdwiggins.com> wrote:
> On 8/27/2011 11:59 PM, Tom H wrote:
>>
>> If I find the thread, I'll post a link; you might find it handy.
>> You'll just have to replace the "dpkg ..." statements with their "rpm
>> ..." equivalents.
>
> Actually I could just try it in Ubuntu first. *I have two Fedora Servers
> and one Ubuntu. *Run the Ubuntu for one application as a favor to my
> Son-In-Law. *BigBlueButton only runs on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and he needs it
> in his Masters program.

Thread:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/09/msg00697.html
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-29-2011, 03:05 PM
"j.e.aneiros"
 
Default Port Question

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

man netstat



netstat --numeric-hosts --numeric --notrim --programs -u -t -l

With --numeric (-n) the switch --numeric-hosts is a waste of typing
--janeiros




Am 27.08.2011 12:42, schrieb Mike Dwiggins:

> Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port

> and report what application is locking that port?

>

> I am beating my head against an install for of all people my Son-In-Law.

>

> Thanks




--

users mailing list

users@lists.fedoraproject.org

To unsubscribe or change subscription options:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines




--
J. E. AneirosGNU/Linux User #190716 en http://counter.li.orgperl -e '$_=pack(c5,0105,0107,0123,0132,(1<<3)+2);y[A-Z][N-ZA-M];print;'
PK fingerprint: 5179 917E 5B34 F073 E11A *AFB3 4CB3 5301 4A80 F674

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM
"j.e.aneiros"
 
Default Port Question

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Mike Dwiggins <mike@azdwiggins.com> wrote:

> On 8/27/2011 11:59 PM, Tom H wrote:

>>

>> If I find the thread, I'll post a link; you might find it handy.

>> You'll just have to replace the "dpkg ..." statements with their "rpm

>> ..." equivalents.

>

> Actually I could just try it in Ubuntu first. *I have two Fedora Servers

> and one Ubuntu. *Run the Ubuntu for one application as a favor to my

> Son-In-Law. *BigBlueButton only runs on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and he needs it

> in his Masters program.



Thread:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/09/msg00697.html
*#!/bin/bash
netstat -lntup
| awk '/^(tcp|udp)/ {print substr($4, match($4, ":[^:]+$") + 1) "/" $1, substr($NF, 1, index($NF, "/") - 1)}' | while read PORT PIDdo* * * * BIN=$(readlink /proc/$PID/exe)
* * * * echo $PORT $PID $BINdone


--

users mailing list

users@lists.fedoraproject.org

To unsubscribe or change subscription options:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines



--
J. E. AneirosGNU/Linux User #190716 en http://counter.li.orgperl -e '$_=pack(c5,0105,0107,0123,0132,(1<<3)+2);y[A-Z][N-ZA-M];print;'
PK fingerprint: 5179 917E 5B34 F073 E11A *AFB3 4CB3 5301 4A80 F674

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:24 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org