Old 08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Phil Meyer

Default kadischi post failed -- Reposted here -- iptables always started no matter what

Please tolerate this post intended for the livecd-creator list. They
are bouncing me now days. Maybe its time I changed deodorant? I dunno ...

I am desperate!

---

livecd-tools-15.7-1.fc15.x86_64

Kickstarts all contain:

firewall --disabled
selinux --disabled

I even went as far as this:

%packages
---
[stuff deleted]
---
-system-config-firewall*

and

%post
---
[stuff deleted]
---
/sbin/chkconfig iptables off
/sbin/chkconfig ip6tables off
echo '#' > /etc/sysconfig/iptables
echo '#' > /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables
echo '#' > /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
echo '#' > /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables-config
echo "#
--disabled" > /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall
%end

What happens is that /etc/sysconfig/iptables, /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
and /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall ALWAYS get recreated AFTER
%post runs!

That causes the iptables kernel modules to load, and filtering started,
even though iptables is actually configured for off and does not start.

What is doing that? I cannot find it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 PM
"j.e.aneiros"

[...]

Could you use service iptables stop and service ip6tables stop ?
You could also use chkconfig to deactivate the firewalls*--aneiros

What happens is that /etc/sysconfig/iptables, /etc/sysconfig/iptables,

and /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall ALWAYS get recreated AFTER

%post runs!

That causes the iptables kernel modules to load, and filtering started,

even though iptables is actually configured for off and does not start.

What is doing that? *I cannot find it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

J. E. AneirosGNU/Linux User #190716 en http://counter.li.orgperl -e '$_=pack(c5,0105,0107,0123,0132,(1<<3)+2);y[A-Z][N-ZA-M];print;'
PK fingerprint: 5179 917E 5B34 F073 E11A *AFB3 4CB3 5301 4A80 F674

Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Thomas Woerner

On 08/26/2011 11:14 PM, Phil Meyer wrote:
> Please tolerate this post intended for the livecd-creator list. They
> are bouncing me now days. Maybe its time I changed deodorant? I dunno ...
>
> I am desperate!
>
> ---
>
> livecd-tools-15.7-1.fc15.x86_64
>
> Kickstarts all contain:
>
> firewall --disabled
> selinux --disabled
>
> I even went as far as this:
>
> %packages
> ---
> [stuff deleted]
> ---
> -system-config-firewall*
>
> and
>
> %post
> ---
> [stuff deleted]
> ---
> /sbin/chkconfig iptables off
> /sbin/chkconfig ip6tables off
> echo '#'> /etc/sysconfig/iptables
> echo '#'> /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables
> echo '#'> /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
> echo '#'> /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables-config
> echo "#
--disabled"> /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall
> %end

There is no need to modify /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config and
/etc/sysconfig/ip6tables-config.

Just remove /etc/sysconfig/iptables and /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables, then
the iptables and ip6tables services will not start.

echo -e "#
--disabled"> /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall
^^
Otherwise this is a comment and will be ignored. You could also just
drop "#
".

> What happens is that /etc/sysconfig/iptables, /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
> and /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall ALWAYS get recreated AFTER
> %post runs!

This should not happpen.

Please the contents of the files.

Is system-config-firewall-base installed?

> That causes the iptables kernel modules to load, and filtering started,
> even though iptables is actually configured for off and does not start.
>
> What is doing that? I cannot find it.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Which modules are loaded?

> Thanks!