Old 08-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Andras Simon

Default Can keys off the numpad be configured for different functions based on NumLock?

2011/8/26, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com>:
> I would like to configure some keys to have dual functions, such as
> hjkl for the arrows and sdf for cut/copy/paste. Can the alphanumeric
> keys be configured for different functions based on NumLock on/off?

If you mean the numeric keypad, then probably yes, but I have no idea how.
I use those keys instead of a mouse with the help of xkbset:
http://www.math.missouri.edu/~stephen/software/#xkbset

Andras

Old 08-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Kam Leo

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to configure some keys to have dual functions, such as
> hjkl for the arrows and sdf for cut/copy/paste. Can the alphanumeric
> keys be configured for different functions based on NumLock on/off?
> This is the xev output for the numpad 1 button in both states:
>
> * *state 0x10, keycode 87 (keysym 0xffb1, KP_1), same_screen YES,
> * *state 0x0, keycode 87 (keysym 0xff9c, KP_End), same_screen YES,

Take a look at these for clues:

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl5_keymaps.htm

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Keyboard-and-Console-HOWTO.html

http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/320420-weekend-project-configure-your-keyboard-into-submission