FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Joe Zeff
 
Default More on needs-restarting

On 08/25/2011 01:35 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Have you filed a bug report?

No, because there have been reports of it working for people. Unless I
have some idea of what's different about my two boxes there's no point
because there's a good chance that whoever tries to reproduce it will
say, "It works for me!" Either that, or get enough people that it
doesn't work for to add comments so that it's obvious that there's
something to look into. Do you have any suggestions? Could it be that
I'm running XFCE?
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default More on needs-restarting

On 08/26/2011 02:11 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/25/2011 01:35 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Have you filed a bug report?
> No, because there have been reports of it working for people. Unless I
> have some idea of what's different about my two boxes there's no point
> because there's a good chance that whoever tries to reproduce it will
> say, "It works for me!" Either that, or get enough people that it
> doesn't work for to add comments so that it's obvious that there's
> something to look into. Do you have any suggestions? Could it be that
> I'm running XFCE?

I don't think so but when I get into a problem, I report the bug and
provide as much as details as possible especially since it seems a
couple more seem to have confirmed, it is not working correctly for them
but do it the way that makes sense to you.

Rahul
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Joe Zeff
 
Default More on needs-restarting

On 08/25/2011 01:45 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I don't think so but when I get into a problem, I report the bug and
> provide as much as details as possible especially since it seems a
> couple more seem to have confirmed, it is not working correctly for them
> but do it the way that makes sense to you.

Thank you. I've also started a thread about this on the XFCE forum,
just to eliminate that possibility. Once that's done, I probably will
file a bug report and ask anybody on this list who can confirm the issue
to do so.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Marko Vojinovic
 
Default More on needs-restarting

On Thursday 25 August 2011 21:57:13 Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/25/2011 01:45 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > I don't think so but when I get into a problem, I report the bug and
> > provide as much as details as possible especially since it seems a
> > couple more seem to have confirmed, it is not working correctly for them
> > but do it the way that makes sense to you.
>
> Thank you. I've also started a thread about this on the XFCE forum,
> just to eliminate that possibility. Once that's done, I probably will
> file a bug report and ask anybody on this list who can confirm the issue
> to do so.

It doesn't work for me either (sorry to be late to join the crowd).

Do open a bug and post it here, it seems that there is a number of people with
this problem.

Best, :-)
Marko

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Joe Zeff
 
Default More on needs-restarting

On 08/25/2011 03:34 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Do open a bug and post it here, it seems that there is a number of people with
> this problem.

Done: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=733537

Please add confirmation or I'll just get brushed off with "works for me."
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org