FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Reindl Harald
 
Default F15: Where is the Rescue-Mode

Jesus where is the rescue mode gone in F15
booting from full x86_64-DVD offerns only install/update

i have a RAID1 als 500 MB /boot and did
grub-install /dev/sda
grub-install /dev/sdb
grub-install /dev/sdc
grub-install /dev/sdd

intention was to make sure all 4 drives are really bootable on failure
but now after power on only a cursur is there and no boot possible :-(

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Andre Robatino
 
Default F15: Where is the Rescue-Mode

Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:

> Jesus where is the rescue mode gone in F15
> booting from full x86_64-DVD offerns only install/update

Install a new system or upgrade an existing system
Install system with basic video driver
Rescue installed system <----------
Boot from local drive
Memory test





--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Reindl Harald
 
Default F15: Where is the Rescue-Mode

Am 25.08.2011 20:43, schrieb Andre Robatino:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:
>
>> Jesus where is the rescue mode gone in F15
>> booting from full x86_64-DVD offerns only install/update
>
> Install a new system or upgrade an existing system
> Install system with basic video driver
> Rescue installed system <----------
> Boot from local drive
> Memory test

not really because it starts graphical and the are only the options
for a new install or upgrade

anyways - i found out the edit the kernel-line with "rescue" at the end
starts the resuce mode, at the begin there is a error while mounting
but /mnt/sysimage is there

after chrott i tried again "grub-install" without success, after reboot
oly a blinking cursor at the left top-corner

this time i have booted from my usb-stick
all 3 RAIDs are there but HELP HELP how di i get the boot-manager fixed?

______________

/dev/md0 ext4 485M 51M 435M 11% /media/1de836e4-e97c-43ee-b65c-400b0c29d3aa
/dev/md1 ext4 29G 8,9G 20G 31% /media/b935b5db-0051-4f7f-83ac-6a6651fe0988
/dev/md2 ext4 3,6T 601G 3,0T 17% /media/1abf071b-0c78-4b82-bb21-b3dfb269afa8

[harry@localhost:~]$ cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1] [raid10]
md1 : active raid10 sdb2[1] sdc2[2] sdd2[3] sda2[0]
30716928 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
bitmap: 1/1 pages [4KB], 65536KB chunk

md2 : active raid10 sdc3[2] sda3[0] sdb3[1] sdd3[3]
3875222528 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
bitmap: 0/29 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk

md0 : active raid1 sdc1[2] sda1[0] sdb1[1] sdd1[3]
511988 blocks super 1.0 [4/4] [UUUU]


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Zoltan Hoppar
 
Default F15: Where is the Rescue-Mode

Use the old style: when the system boots, choose to edit the grub
parameters, and delete just the rhgb and the quiet option and replace
with an single 1 and hit enter. That boots into single user mode with
full root access.

HTH,

Zoltan

2011/8/25 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>:
>
>
> Am 25.08.2011 20:43, schrieb Andre Robatino:
>> Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:
>>
>>> Jesus where is the rescue mode gone in F15
>>> booting from full x86_64-DVD offerns only install/update
>>
>> Install a new system or upgrade an existing system
>> Install system with basic video driver
>> Rescue installed system * * * * * *<----------
>> Boot from local drive
>> Memory test
>
> not really because it starts graphical and the are only the options
> for a new install or upgrade
>
> anyways - i found out the edit the kernel-line with "rescue" at the end
> starts the resuce mode, at the begin there is a error while mounting
> but /mnt/sysimage is there
>
> after chrott i tried again "grub-install" without success, after reboot
> oly a blinking cursor at the left top-corner
>
> this time i have booted from my usb-stick
> all 3 RAIDs are there but HELP HELP how di i get the boot-manager fixed?
>
> ______________
>
> /dev/md0 * * *ext4 * *485M * 51M *435M *11% /media/1de836e4-e97c-43ee-b65c-400b0c29d3aa
> /dev/md1 * * *ext4 * * 29G *8,9G * 20G *31% /media/b935b5db-0051-4f7f-83ac-6a6651fe0988
> /dev/md2 * * *ext4 * *3,6T *601G *3,0T *17% /media/1abf071b-0c78-4b82-bb21-b3dfb269afa8
>
> [harry@localhost:~]$ cat /proc/mdstat
> Personalities : [raid1] [raid10]
> md1 : active raid10 sdb2[1] sdc2[2] sdd2[3] sda2[0]
> * * *30716928 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
> * * *bitmap: 1/1 pages [4KB], 65536KB chunk
>
> md2 : active raid10 sdc3[2] sda3[0] sdb3[1] sdd3[3]
> * * *3875222528 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
> * * *bitmap: 0/29 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk
>
> md0 : active raid1 sdc1[2] sda1[0] sdb1[1] sdd1[3]
> * * *511988 blocks super 1.0 [4/4] [UUUU]
>
>
>
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>
>



--
PGP:* 06853DF7
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Reindl Harald
 
Default F15: Where is the Rescue-Mode

> "Use the old style: when the system boots"

jokingly when nothing boots :-)
anyways, solved - it was a bad grub-version from updates-testing

i booted after print out the "grub.conf" and typing the whole stuff
with all UIDs in the GRUB-shell from the DVD, jesus this Id's are long


Am 26.08.2011 20:30, schrieb Zoltan Hoppar:
> Use the old style: when the system boots, choose to edit the grub
> parameters, and delete just the rhgb and the quiet option and replace
> with an single 1 and hit enter. That boots into single user mode with
> full root access.
>
> HTH,
>
> Zoltan
>
> 2011/8/25 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>:
>>
>>
>> Am 25.08.2011 20:43, schrieb Andre Robatino:
>>> Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:
>>>
>>>> Jesus where is the rescue mode gone in F15
>>>> booting from full x86_64-DVD offerns only install/update
>>>
>>> Install a new system or upgrade an existing system
>>> Install system with basic video driver
>>> Rescue installed system <----------
>>> Boot from local drive
>>> Memory test
>>
>> not really because it starts graphical and the are only the options
>> for a new install or upgrade
>>
>> anyways - i found out the edit the kernel-line with "rescue" at the end
>> starts the resuce mode, at the begin there is a error while mounting
>> but /mnt/sysimage is there
>>
>> after chrott i tried again "grub-install" without success, after reboot
>> oly a blinking cursor at the left top-corner
>>
>> this time i have booted from my usb-stick
>> all 3 RAIDs are there but HELP HELP how di i get the boot-manager fixed?
>>
>> ______________
>>
>> /dev/md0 ext4 485M 51M 435M 11% /media/1de836e4-e97c-43ee-b65c-400b0c29d3aa
>> /dev/md1 ext4 29G 8,9G 20G 31% /media/b935b5db-0051-4f7f-83ac-6a6651fe0988
>> /dev/md2 ext4 3,6T 601G 3,0T 17% /media/1abf071b-0c78-4b82-bb21-b3dfb269afa8
>>
>> [harry@localhost:~]$ cat /proc/mdstat
>> Personalities : [raid1] [raid10]
>> md1 : active raid10 sdb2[1] sdc2[2] sdd2[3] sda2[0]
>> 30716928 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
>> bitmap: 1/1 pages [4KB], 65536KB chunk
>>
>> md2 : active raid10 sdc3[2] sda3[0] sdb3[1] sdd3[3]
>> 3875222528 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
>> bitmap: 0/29 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk
>>
>> md0 : active raid1 sdc1[2] sda1[0] sdb1[1] sdd1[3]
>> 511988 blocks super 1.0 [4/4] [UUUU]

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org