-   -   Google Music Manager - Solved (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/567818-google-music-manager-solved.html)

Steven Stern 08-24-2011 02:58 PM

Google Music Manager - Solved

I've got it working. Thanks to a poster on the Ubuntu forums for the tip.

Here's the process:

1) Obtain the Mac address for your network card. Mine is
00:11:95:BC:E5:F3 on em1. (What used to be known as wlan0)

2) In terminal:

cd .config/google-music-manager
sqlite3 Peer.db

In sqlite:

update CONFIG set Value='00:11:95:BC:E5:F3' where Name='MachineIdentifier';

.exit

And we're done!

Once it's running, be sure to set the options so it's not uploading as
fast as possible.

--
-- Steve

Ted Roche 08-24-2011 06:47 PM

Google Music Manager - Solved

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Steven Stern
<subscribed-lists@sterndata.com> wrote:
> cd .config/google-music-manager
> sqlite3 Peer.db

Thanks for the tip!

On my F14 box, it's .config/google-musicmanager/ for the folder name.
Just one hyphen.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC

Steven Stern 08-25-2011 04:30 PM

On 08/24/2011 01:47 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Steven Stern
> <subscribed-lists@sterndata.com> wrote:
>> cd .config/google-music-manager
>> sqlite3 Peer.db
>
> Thanks for the tip!
>
> On my F14 box, it's .config/google-musicmanager/ for the folder name.
> Just one hyphen.

You are correct. Thanks!

I've more permanently documented this at

http://www.sterndata.com/content/google-music-manager-google-music-and-fedora-work-around

Be sure, everyone, to use the options to tamp down the upload speeds.
It defaults to "as fast as possible", and that will definitely hose
things like sending mail.

--
-- Steve

Craig White 08-26-2011 01:49 AM

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 11:30 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 08/24/2011 01:47 PM, Ted Roche wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Steven Stern
> > <subscribed-lists@sterndata.com> wrote:
> >> cd .config/google-music-manager
> >> sqlite3 Peer.db
> >
> > Thanks for the tip!
> >
> > On my F14 box, it's .config/google-musicmanager/ for the folder name.
> > Just one hyphen.
> >
> You are correct. Thanks!
>
> I've more permanently documented this at
>
> http://www.sterndata.com/content/google-music-manager-google-music-and-fedora-work-around
>
> Be sure, everyone, to use the options to tamp down the upload speeds.
> It defaults to "as fast as possible", and that will definitely hose
> things like sending mail.
----
that's the setting I have in Windows version (which I sort of prefer
since it uses my iTunes setup and also copies up the playlists). Took a
week to upload 10,000 songs and I can't imagine how long it would have
taken if I would have throttled the speed.

Craig

believed to be clean.