Old 08-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Paulo

Default Fedora-15-x86_64-netinst on Dell XPS-15z

Hi Fellas.

The installer (anaconda) of "Fedora-15-x86_64-netinst" don't work on Dell XPS-15z.
(with install option default and basic video too).
When booting it stop at point: "Waiting for hardware to initialize" then halts.

There is the same problem in Fedora-15-x86_64-install-DVD.

I think the installer can't recognize the chip-set of Dell XPS-15z, but the problem may be other...
I don't know.

But I know that this way I can't use Fedora-15 64 bits platform.

Someone please... Help me...

Bye all.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Michael Dinon

The installer (anaconda) of "Fedora-15-x86_64-netinst" don't work on Dell XPS-15z.
(with install option default and basic video too).
When booting it stop at point: "Waiting for hardware to initialize" then halts.

There is the same problem in Fedora-15-x86_64-install-DVD.

I think the installer can't recognize the chip-set of Dell XPS-15z, but the problem may be other...
I don't know.

But I know that this way I can't use Fedora-15 64 bits platform.

Someone please... Help me...

Bye all.

Hello Paulo,

Have you verified you have a good iso image?* Have you tried a live CD?* Do you know what your video card is?

https://fedoraproject.org/verify
--
Mike