Old 08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Stuart McGraw

Default Ibus always activated in text windows

More Ibus problems in Fedora 15. I use Ibus with
Anthy for entering Japanese text.

A few days ago I updated Ibus to -1.3.99.20110419-14.
Sometime shortly after that, I noticed that whenever
I move my mouse to a text input window (gedit, Firefox
address bar, new email composition window, etc) Ibus is
enabled and anything I type is entered as Japanese. To
enter English, I have to type the key combo to disable
Ibus. Just clicking in a different window and returning
to the first reenables Japanese input. Needless to say
this make entering anything in English a real pain and
not how it has been working in the several years I have
been using it up to now.

Is there some setting I'm missing?