Old 08-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Lars Eighner

Default Console broken since F10

I find bug reports back at least as far as Fedora 10 indicating console
resolution has been broken (by setting an unreadable resolution in the
kernel) since at least Fedora 10.

What was the last release of Fedora in which the console actually worked?

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html

Old 08-21-2011, 10:56 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Old 08-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Sunday 21 August 2011 21:44:27 Lars Eighner wrote:
> I find bug reports back at least as far as Fedora 10 indicating console
> resolution has been broken (by setting an unreadable resolution in the
> kernel) since at least Fedora 10.
>
> What was the last release of Fedora in which the console actually worked?

As far as I know, it always worked, and still does. It's just that since
F10/F11 the KMS became the default (depending on hardware and driver
capabilities). If you turn it off (nomodeset), the old console you wanted is
still there, and always was.

But why have you started three threads on the list about this one single
topic?

HTH, :-)
Marko

Old 08-22-2011, 04:09 AM
Tom H

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Lars Eighner <topper@larseighner.com> wrote:

> I find bug reports back at least as far as Fedora 10 indicating console
> resolution has been broken (by setting an unreadable resolution in the
> kernel) since at least Fedora 10.
>
> What was the last release of Fedora in which the console actually worked?

As I said in an earlier thread, it looks like you have a KMS "problem"
and someone else suggested that you add "nomodeset" as a kernel boot
argument.