Old 08-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Leonardo

Default https mirrors

hello all,

at work may sites and url's are blocked so packages like
gnome-power-manager aren't downloaded by yum since it have "power" in
his name.

so i would like to know if such thing like https mirror exists and if
yum supports it.

thanks in advance.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Gregory Woodbury

at work may sites and url's are blocked so packages like

gnome-power-manager aren't downloaded by yum since it have "power" in

his name.

so i would like to know if such thing like https mirror exists and if

yum supports it.

Yes, by default the mirrorlist repos are https URLs.* In the installer, poke the
"modify repository" button and look at the options.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury

Old 08-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Leonardo

Hello and thanks for the answer,

indeed mirrorlist is a secure url, but i didn't figured the "modify
repository" yet. i use mostly yum from command line.

also mirrorlist gives me an non-https mirror, so there's my problem.

for your attention thank you