-   -   Blinking window - (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/566284-blinking-window.html)

Bob Goodwin 08-20-2011 12:07 PM

Blinking window -

On 20/08/11 01:32, g wrote:
> On 08/19/2011 09:29 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> It' works as it is but it bothers me. Does anyone know where to
>> go to stop the flashing?
> easy way just may be to have download window close when finished.
>
> about:config
>
> filter= closewhendone set to true.
>
> filter= flashcount set to 0
>

> or, "edit> preferences> general" set 'downloads' to close when finished.
>

> for about:config entries, see;
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/about:config_entries
>

> hth.

I'll try those things, although I'm not sure I want "download"
to close when done?

I probably would never have found that in Firefox configuration !

Thanks,

Bob

g 08-20-2011 04:07 PM

Blinking window -

On 08/20/2011 12:07 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 20/08/11 01:32, g wrote:
>> On 08/19/2011 09:29 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>
>>> It' works as it is but it bothers me. Does anyone know where to
>>> go to stop the flashing?
>> easy way just may be to have download window close when finished.
>>
>> about:config
>>
>> filter= closewhendone set to true.
>>
>> filter= flashcount set to 0
>>

>> or, "edit> preferences> general" set 'downloads' to close when finished.
>>

>> for about:config entries, see;
>>
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/about:config_entries
>>

>> hth.
>
> I'll try those things, although I'm not sure I want "download"
> to close when done?

then leave 'closewhendone' set to false, or, do not change in prefs.

flash does need to be changed in 'about:config'.

> I probably would never have found that in Firefox configuration!

you are such a flatterer. :)

> Thanks,

welcome.

--