Old 02-15-2008, 05:38 PM
"Mike Chalmers"

Default Fedora 8, wireless internet

I was wondering if Fedora 8 supported wireless internet? I am thinking
of installing Fedora 8 on my Toshiba laptop with a built in wireless
connection and was wondering if Fedora 8 would support it.

Thanks for any help,
Mike

Old 02-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez

El Viernes, 15 de Febrero de 2008 19:38, Mike Chalmers escribió:
> I was wondering if Fedora 8 supported wireless internet? I am thinking
> of installing Fedora 8 on my Toshiba laptop with a built in wireless
> connection and was wondering if Fedora 8 would support it.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Mike

Which wireless card do you have? I'm pretty sure that whichever your card,
there will be drivers for it

Manuel.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
"bruce"

hi mike....

what kind of toshiba... is is a satellite?? what's the internal wireless? is
it the atheros??

i had all kinds of pain in trying to get Fedora 8 to work on a 4G, 250GDrive
satellite p205d...

i finally gave up, and put f8 x64 on the box, installed madwifi, and made
sure i had all updates....

i then got a linksys usb wireless (best buy), and was up/running in 20 mins
with no more issues...

madwifi has some issues with dealing with 64 bit OS systems... while there
are numerous threads of people who state that they've been able to get it to
work, I wasn't able to....

-bruce