Old 08-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default Bllinking window -

I don't know if this is a Fedora-15 thing, XFCE, or Firefox, but
when I download something such as a crossword puzzle with
Firefox it displays a box at the top of the screen along with
others indicating open firefox windows. The download box flashes
in reverse video upon completing the download, it's annoying and
meaningless to me. I have to double click on it to stop the
flashing or it would probably continue indefinitely. I usually
download five puzzles each morning and unless I choose to ignore
the stupid flashing I have to make five excursions up there and
double click.

It' works as it is but it bothers me. Does anyone know where to
go to stop the flashing?

Bob

Old 08-20-2011, 05:32 AM

On 08/19/2011 09:29 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> It' works as it is but it bothers me. Does anyone know where to
> go to stop the flashing?

easy way just may be to have download window close when finished.

about:config

filter= closewhendone set to true.

filter= flashcount set to 0

or, "edit > preferences > general" set 'downloads' to close when finished.

for about:config entries, see;

http://kb.mozillazine.org/about:config_entries

hth.

--