-   -   Lost Firefox Menu Bar - (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/566109-lost-firefox-menu-bar.html)

Bob Goodwin 08-19-2011 08:17 PM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

I've managed to screw up Firefox!

I disabled the "Menu Bar". I believe that's what it's called. I
can no longer see File, Edit, View, etc. And of course View is
where I need to be to turn the Menu Bar back on. I looked in
about:config, couldn't find it there. Yum removed firefox and
deleted .mozilla/firefox files, reinstated firefox, but the
problem remains. I'm sure there has to be a way out but I feel
like a rat lost in a maze!

Anyone know how to fix this?

Bob

"David S. Wiener" 08-19-2011 08:21 PM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

Type ALT+V to invoke the view menu.

David Wiener
Senior Analyst
Duke School of Medicine
919-684-6395

Bob Goodwin 08-19-2011 08:28 PM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

On 19/08/11 16:21, David S. Wiener wrote:
> Type ALT+V to invoke the view menu.
>
> David Wiener
> Senior Analyst
> Duke School of Medicine
> 919-684-6395

Ok, as you knew that fixes my problem, easy when you know how.

Thanks much!

By the way, Thunderbird doesn't like reinstalled apparently and
with my poor eyesight I was suckered into accepting the
alternate "reinstated." Saw that when I re-read my message.

Again thanks.

Bob

Gregory Hosler 08-21-2011 05:37 AM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

suvayu ali 08-21-2011 11:22 AM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM, David S. Wiener
<david.s.wiener@duke.edu> wrote:
> Type ALT+V to invoke the view menu.

For future reference you can always access the preferences menu for
the toolbar by just right clicking on an empty part anywhere near the
top of the Firefox window.

Also since Firefox 4, when you disable the menubar a "Firefox" button
appears on the the top left which presents the user with a compact
menu. This was one of the features introduced in that release to help
reclaim screen real-estate. I believe if you do a fresh install of
Firefox, this is actually the default.

HTH

--
Suvayu

Bob Goodwin 08-21-2011 12:14 PM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

On 21/08/11 07:22, suvayu ali wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM, David S. Wiener
> <david.s.wiener@duke.edu> wrote:
>> Type ALT+V to invoke the view menu.
>>
> For future reference you can always access the preferences menu for
> the toolbar by just right clicking on an empty part anywhere near the
> top of the Firefox window.
>
> Also since Firefox 4, when you disable the menubar a "Firefox" button
> appears on the the top left which presents the user with a compact
> menu. This was one of the features introduced in that release to help
> reclaim screen real-estate. I believe if you do a fresh install of
> Firefox, this is actually the default.
>
> HTH

Yes, everything helps. I save the information as well as
anything else appearing on this list that might be of use to me
in "notecase." That file has grown to 502k. I refer to it
constantly.

Thanks to all who responded.

Bob

Aaron Konstam 08-21-2011 02:04 PM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 13:22 +0200, suvayu ali wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM, David S. Wiener
> <david.s.wiener@duke.edu> wrote:
> > Type ALT+V to invoke the view menu.
> >

> For future reference you can always access the preferences menu for
> the toolbar by just right clicking on an empty part anywhere near the
> top of the Firefox window.
>
> Also since Firefox 4, when you disable the menubar a "Firefox" button
> appears on the the top left which presents the user with a compact
> menu. This was one of the features introduced in that release to help
> reclaim screen real-estate. I believe if you do a fresh install of
> Firefox, this is actually the default.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Suvayu

To add to the confusion in my Firefox 5 on F14 I have additional entry
called: Elf 1.2 Configuration bar.
I could swear i had that at one time in my menu in Firefox in F15. But
it has disappeared. How does one get that bar back?

Daniel J Walsh 08-22-2011 03:15 PM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

Michael Cronenworth 08-22-2011 09:37 PM

Lost Firefox Menu Bar -

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Anyone know how to fix this?

You're viewing the new, improved Firefox UI.

The Windows version defaults to hiding the Menu bar, too.