Old 08-18-2011, 03:58 PM
james tate

Default So how is F15 (KDE) ?

On 08/18/2011 11:23 AM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> How is F15-KDE, overall ?
>
> I'm still running F14, due to problems rebooting during the pre-upgrade
> process. Is it worth my time to troubleshoot and fix this issue or
> should I just keep running F14 ?
>
> Thanks !

I would do a F15 fresh install.
I have done a Preupgrade of a number of fedora boxes and still end up
with irritating little problems.

What I do is a custom install with a / an /home partitions, that way
you can keep you home directory and do a fresh install of each Fedora
release.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 18:23, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@gmail.com> wrote:
> How is F15-KDE, overall ?
>
> I'm still running F14, due to problems rebooting during the pre-upgrade
> process. *Is it worth my time to troubleshoot and fix this issue or
> should I just keep running F14 ?

The F15 is better in the air by far: less complexity and weight with
the fixed wings means that it can carry more payload faster and more
maneuverable, all that with better range as well. Maintenance and fuel
costs go down as well. However, the F15 needs much more runway and
cannot handle the catapult, so it's airfields only, no carriers.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 08-18-2011, 08:34 PM
fred smith

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:59:25PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 18:23, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How is F15-KDE, overall ?
> >
> > I'm still running F14, due to problems rebooting during the pre-upgrade
> > process. *Is it worth my time to troubleshoot and fix this issue or
> > should I just keep running F14 ?
> >

> The F15 is better in the air by far: less complexity and weight with
> the fixed wings means that it can carry more payload faster and more
> maneuverable, all that with better range as well. Maintenance and fuel
> costs go down as well. However, the F15 needs much more runway and
> cannot handle the catapult, so it's airfields only, no carriers.

and he said all that with a straight face!

> --
> Dotan Cohen

The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
----------------------------- Proverbs 15:3 (niv) -----------------------------

Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Terry Polzin

> The F15 is better in the air by far: less complexity and weight with
> the fixed wings means that it can carry more payload faster and more
> maneuverable, all that with better range as well. Maintenance and fuel
> costs go down as well. However, the F15 needs much more runway and
> cannot handle the catapult, so it's airfields only, no carriers.

I'll wait for the F22

Old 08-18-2011, 08:42 PM
"Smith, Herb"

You may be waiting awhile for that one.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 PM
"Darryl L. Pierce"

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 04:41:34PM -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:

> > The F15 is better in the air by far: less complexity and weight with
> > the fixed wings means that it can carry more payload faster and more
> > maneuverable, all that with better range as well. Maintenance and fuel
> > costs go down as well. However, the F15 needs much more runway and
> > cannot handle the catapult, so it's airfields only, no carriers.
>

> I'll wait for the F22

Raptor? Damn near killed 'er!

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Old 08-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Timothy Murphy

james tate wrote:

> What I do is a custom install with a / an /home partitions, that way
> you can keep you home directory and do a fresh install of each Fedora
> release.

I have a /home partition, like you.
But I always keep a spare partition for the next Fedora distribution.
Then I can run either until the quirks are ironed out.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Old 08-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Roberto Ragusa

On 08/18/2011 10:41 PM, Terry Polzin wrote:

>> The F15 is better in the air by far: less complexity and weight with
>> the fixed wings means that it can carry more payload faster and more
>> maneuverable, all that with better range as well. Maintenance and fuel
>> costs go down as well. However, the F15 needs much more runway and
>> cannot handle the catapult, so it's airfields only, no carriers.
>

> I'll wait for the F22

Anyone seen the F117?

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it

Old 08-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Alan Cox

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:59:25 +0300
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 18:23, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How is F15-KDE, overall ?
> >
> > I'm still running F14, due to problems rebooting during the pre-upgrade
> > process. *Is it worth my time to troubleshoot and fix this issue or
> > should I just keep running F14 ?
> >

> The F15 is better in the air by far: less complexity and weight with
> the fixed wings means that it can carry more payload faster and more
> maneuverable, all that with better range as well. Maintenance and fuel
> costs go down as well. However, the F15 needs much more runway and
> cannot handle the catapult, so it's airfields only, no carriers.

You forgot to select either the LXDE or XFCE desktop option at which
point it will happily take off from a small netbook 8)

Old 08-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Friday 19 August 2011 09:11:00 Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> On 08/18/2011 10:41 PM, Terry Polzin wrote:
> >> The F15 is better in the air by far: less complexity and weight with
> >> the fixed wings means that it can carry more payload faster and more
> >> maneuverable, all that with better range as well. Maintenance and fuel
> >> costs go down as well. However, the F15 needs much more runway and
> >> cannot handle the catapult, so it's airfields only, no carriers.
> >
> > I'll wait for the F22
>
> Anyone seen the F117?

I would skip F117, it crashes too often... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CyCD8039o

Best, :-)
Marko