Old 08-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Paulo

Default Booting Fedora-Live from USB device.

Hello All.

I can't boot Fedora-Live from my USB device.

I have a Dell XPS Notebook with the configuration below:

Chipset Intel + i7-2620M 2.7-3.4 GHz + 8 GB RAM.
2 Video Graphic Adapters (intel HD 3000 + nVidia GeForce GT525M 2GB DDR3).

2 USB 3.0 + 1 USB 2.0 (bootable).
Etc

I got the Spin Fedora-15-Live-Security and made a boot-USB-drive using the LiveUSB-Creator in my ...(ops) Windows-7.
The LiveUSB-Creator worked fine and built the structure correctly.

But when I tried to boot it the BIOS said: "MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM".

WTF I made wrong ???
Why my BIOS can't see the Operating System on USB-Drive ???

Thanks All.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:03 PM
james tate

I can't boot Fedora-Live from my USB device.

I have a Dell XPS Notebook with the configuration below:

Chipset Intel + i7-2620M 2.7-3.4 GHz + 8 GB RAM.

2 Video Graphic Adapters (intel HD 3000 + nVidia GeForce GT525M
2GB DDR3).

2 USB 3.0 + 1 USB 2.0 (bootable).

Etc

I got the Spin Fedora-15-Live-Security and made a boot-USB-drive
using the LiveUSB-Creator in my ...(ops) Windows-7.

The LiveUSB-Creator worked fine and built the structure correctly.

But when I tried to boot it the BIOS said: "MISSING OPERATING
SYSTEM".

WTF I made wrong ???

Why my BIOS can't see the Operating System on USB-Drive ???

Thanks All.

check your BIOS and see if your computer has usb capabilities , and
if they are enabled at boot time.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Paulo

I can't boot Fedora-Live from my USB device.

I have a Dell XPS Notebook with the configuration below:

Chipset Intel + i7-2620M 2.7-3.4 GHz + 8 GB RAM.

2 Video Graphic Adapters (intel HD 3000 + nVidia GeForce GT525M
2GB DDR3).

2 USB 3.0 + 1 USB 2.0 (bootable).

Etc

I got the Spin Fedora-15-Live-Security and made a boot-USB-drive
using the LiveUSB-Creator in my ...(ops) Windows-7.

The LiveUSB-Creator worked fine and built the structure correctly.

But when I tried to boot it the BIOS said: "MISSING OPERATING
SYSTEM".

WTF I made wrong ???

Why my BIOS can't see the Operating System on USB-Drive ???

Thanks All.

check your BIOS and see if your computer has usb capabilities , and
if they are enabled at boot time.

Hi James.

Of course man..
My system is the last one notebook product from Dell (product launched at may/2011).
It has the USB capabilities and all USB ports enabled at boot time (chipset Intel).
It works fine with windows-7.

My problem is when i try to boot Fedora from USB.

Do something envolved "olpc.fth" script for USB boot may be ???
"olpc.fth" was generated by LiveUSB Creator.

Thanks again...