Old 08-15-2011, 05:24 PM
William Case

Default Just a thought about Gnome3's window title bar.

When I see how clean a window can be, metacity, I started wondering if
the widow title bar is even needed. It seems to come from the Microsoft
tradition. On my screen the title bar takes up 3/8" vertically. Two
windows open on the same desktop and you have lost 3/4" of real estate.
Meanwhile the menu bar at most uses 4" to 5" horizontally, the rest is
just wasted space. I wonder if someone can think through a new
arrangement?
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 15, Gnome 3.0.2

Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Steven Stern

On 08/15/2011 12:24 PM, William Case wrote:
> When I see how clean a window can be, metacity, I started wondering if
> the widow title bar is even needed. It seems to come from the Microsoft
> tradition. On my screen the title bar takes up 3/8" vertically. Two
> windows open on the same desktop and you have lost 3/4" of real estate.
> Meanwhile the menu bar at most uses 4" to 5" horizontally, the rest is
> just wasted space. I wonder if someone can think through a new
> arrangement?

Can you say "OS/X"? <smile>

--
-- Steve