Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Zhangsan

Default How to weak certain CJK fonts under zh_CN locale

I installed YaHei fonts in Fedora 15, which are the only CJK fonts.

When LANG=en_US.utf8, fc-match monospace returns "DejaVu Sans Mono",

which are the default mono fonts. When LANG=zh_CN.utf8, fc-match monospace

returns "Microsoft YaHei"。I don't want this result, because ASCII

characters are not fixed width in YaHei and my desktop seems very ugly

at many places. Although I am able to adjust fonts to these places

separately, I think add a file to /etc/fonts/conf.d is more effective.

I read fontconfig man pages, which says that

font family names are split into two bindings; strong and weak. Strong

family names are given greater precedence in the match than lang

elements while weak family names are given lower precedence than lang

elements.

But it doesn't say how to set such weak bindings. I need some help, thanks.