Old 08-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Uematsu Takeshi

Default Network setting Problem on fedora 15.

On fedora15 the network interface is invalid when my computer is started up.
I am using br0,bridge interface with p2p1. the p2p1 is ethernet interface name.

The configuration files are following.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p2p1
DEVICE=p2p1
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=none
DEFROUTE=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=yes
IPV6INIT=no
NAME="System p2p1"
HWADDR=08:00:27:c1:5e:6c
PEERROUTES=yes
BRIDGE=br0

/etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifcfg-br0
DEVICE=br0
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=none
DEFROUTE=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=yes
IPV6INIT=no
NAME="br0"
PEERROUTES=yes
IPADDR=10.0.2.15
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=10.0.2.2
DNS1=8.8.8.8
USERCTL=no
PREFIX=24

/var/log/messages

Log file indicates that bridge interface are not yet supported.
But when the computer has been started up ,execute "ifup br0;ifup p2p1",
network is vaild.

Please any suggestion to me.

Aug 15 10:50:48 fedoravm NetworkManager[585]: <info> Loaded plugin keyfile: (c)
2007 - 2010 Red Hat, Inc. To report bugs please use the NetworkManager mailing
list.
Aug 15 10:50:48 fedoravm NetworkManager[585]: ifcfg-rh: parsing
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo ...
Aug 15 10:50:48 fedoravm NetworkManager[585]: ifcfg-rh: parsing
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p2p1 ...
Aug 15 10:50:48 fedoravm NetworkManager[585]: ifcfg-rh: read
connection 'System p2p1'
Aug 15 10:50:48 fedoravm NetworkManager[585]: ifcfg-rh: Ignoring
connection 'System p2p1' and its device due to
NM_CONTROLLED/BRIDGE/VLAN.
Aug 15 10:50:48 fedoravm NetworkManager[585]: ifcfg-rh: parsing
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0 ...
Aug 15 10:50:48 fedoravm NetworkManager[585]: ifcfg-rh: error:
Bridge connections are not yet supported
Aug 15 10:50:48 fedoravm NetworkManager[585]: <info> trying to start
the modem manager...

Old 08-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Tom H

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Uematsu Takeshi
<takeshi.uematsu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On fedora15 the network interface is invalid when my computer is started up.
> I am using br0,bridge interface with p2p1. the p2p1 is ethernet interface name.
>
> The configuration files are following.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p2p1
> DEVICE=p2p1
> ONBOOT=yes
> NM_CONTROLLED=yes
> TYPE=Ethernet
> BOOTPROTO=none
> NAME="System p2p1"
> BRIDGE=br0
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifcfg-br0
> DEVICE=br0
> ONBOOT=yes
> NM_CONTROLLED=yes
> TYPE=Bridge
> BOOTPROTO=none
> NAME="br0"
>
> /var/log/messages
>
> Log file indicates that bridge interface are not yet supported.
> But when the computer has been started up ,execute "ifup br0;ifup p2p1",
> network is vaild.

Unless I've missed the announcement of the added capability, NM
doesn't support bridging.

You'll have to disable NM and enable "network".

Old 08-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Uematsu Takeshi

Thanks a lot for useful infomation.

Disabled NetworkManager and enable network by systemctl command,
network interface was worked fine.

Thank you.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Tom H

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Uematsu Takeshi
<takeshi.uematsu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Disabled NetworkManager and enable network by systemctl command,
> network interface was worked fine.
>
> Thank you.

You're welcome.