Old 08-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Reindl Harald

Default Help with MySQL.

Am 15.08.2011 02:02, schrieb Lucélio Gomes de Freitas:

> Hi,
>
> Issuing the commands:
> [Lucelio@MAQ02 Documentos]$ mysqladmin --version
> mysqladmin Ver 8.42 Distrib 5.1.58, for redhat-linux-gnu on x86_64
>
> I guess that MySQL is installed and operating. But, issuing the command:
>
> [Lucelio@MAQ02 Documentos]$ mysql
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

how do you guess it is running?
have you started it and is it enabled?
what version of fedora?

Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 AM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Old 08-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas

Em 14-08-2011 20:39, Steven Stern escreveu:
> On 08/14/2011 07:02 PM, Lucélio Gomes de Freitas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Issuing the commands:
>> [Lucelio@MAQ02 Documentos]$ mysqladmin --version
>> mysqladmin Ver 8.42 Distrib 5.1.58, for redhat-linux-gnu on x86_64
>>
>> I guess that MySQL is installed and operating. But, issuing the command:
>>
>> [Lucelio@MAQ02 Documentos]$ mysql
>> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
>> [Lucelio@MAQ02 Documentos]$
>>
>> Any help creating the configuration/data files for a first cluster use?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> The MySQL daemon isn't running. You need to start it.
>

> sudo /sbin/service chkconfig mysqld on
Thank you, "sudo /sbin/service mysqld on".
> sudo /sbin/service mysqld start
It works now.

Can you please indicate, where to find an short example of using it
inside a "C" program?

thanks again.

--
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas