Old 08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Steven Stern

Default Help with MySQL.

On 08/14/2011 07:02 PM, Lucélio Gomes de Freitas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Issuing the commands:
> [Lucelio@MAQ02 Documentos]$ mysqladmin --version
> mysqladmin Ver 8.42 Distrib 5.1.58, for redhat-linux-gnu on x86_64
>
> I guess that MySQL is installed and operating. But, issuing the command:
>
> [Lucelio@MAQ02 Documentos]$ mysql
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
> [Lucelio@MAQ02 Documentos]$
>
> Any help creating the configuration/data files for a first cluster use?
>
> Thanks,

The MySQL daemon isn't running. You need to start it.

sudo /sbin/service chkconfig mysqld on
sudo /sbin/service mysqld start

--
-- Steve

Old 08-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Leonardo

he is installed, but isn't operational. try this:
http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/install-mysql-on-fedora-centos-red-hat-rhel/
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/mysql-server-fails-to-start-on-fedora-15-previously-was-ok-solved-894082/

Em 14 de agosto de 2011 21:02, Lucélio Gomes de Freitas

Old 08-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas