Old 08-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Joe Zeff

Default was Fedora 15 and mount points

On 08/14/2011 09:21 AM, Craig White wrote:
> Some poeple choose to stay a release behind so as to not subject
> themselves to things are not fully polished - that is their prerogative.

Generally, I keep up with the latest version. However, I'm not an early
adopter because I'd rather that somebody else finds all the little
"gotchas" that slip past QA. In this case, as with F 10, there are so
many that I've decided to give it a miss. Alas, when I asked for some
help on fedorafourm.org, the thread rapidly descended to the stage where
three different posters tried to twist my arm into an unwanted upgrade
instead of helping me with my issue, including a "Community Manager" who
had earlier offered assistance while ignoring the fact that I'd already
posted the info he asked for. Now, a different admin has closed the
thread at my request and I'm discussing this with the one person who
offered assistance by PM.

Remember, people, if somebody's using an old version of Fedora, it's OK
to suggest an upgrade, but if they aren't interested, drop it and give
them whatever help you can. If they don't want to move to the Latest
and (maybe) Greatest, it's their system, their decision, not yours.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled tech support.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Craig White

On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 09:50 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/14/2011 09:21 AM, Craig White wrote:
> > Some poeple choose to stay a release behind so as to not subject
> > themselves to things are not fully polished - that is their prerogative.
>
> Generally, I keep up with the latest version. However, I'm not an early
> adopter because I'd rather that somebody else finds all the little
> "gotchas" that slip past QA. In this case, as with F 10, there are so
> many that I've decided to give it a miss.
----
'give it a miss' is fine.

Stating that 'most of the bugs have been fixed' is damning with faint
praise on a release you chose to skip is attempting to make a qualified
observation using only anecdotal references.

I don't recall any issues with F10 but perhaps my memory is selective
and to be honest, I haven't had time to upgrade to F15 either.

Craig

believed to be clean.