Old 08-14-2011, 01:21 AM
james tate

Default Rpmfusion problems

Fedora 15 i686

With rpmfusion in the /etc/yum.repos.d .

when running Yumex I get error ;

Cannot retrieve repository Metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
rpmfusion-free , Please verify it's path and try again.

I can't even do the following command and get the two rpmfusion.rpm to install, like it can't find rpmfusion.org, I have to download the two rpm's and use yum localinstall --nogpgcheck to install the rpm's.

su -c 'yum localinstall --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-
nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm'

This is a New Fedora 15 install could there be a problem with my Network
Setup, I can't even get PlayOnLinux to see the network connection, but
everything else can connect to Internet, Yum, Firefox, etc.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:39 PM
"Oluwagbenga Shobowale"

Why not the repository and do an nslookup on the domains is should confirm if the file is corrupt.
Oluwagbenga Shobowale

Old 08-14-2011, 05:52 PM
james tate

On 08/14/2011 11:39 AM, Oluwagbenga Shobowale wrote:
> Why not the repository and do an nslookup on the domains is should confirm if the file is corrupt.
> Oluwagbenga Shobowale

How and what nslookup command would I run for this url ?

download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/

Their IP is 195.10.6.129, I want to be sure I'm getting all the way down
to /$basearch/os/

Old 08-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Craig White

On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 13:52 -0400, james tate wrote:
> On 08/14/2011 11:39 AM, Oluwagbenga Shobowale wrote:
> > Why not the repository and do an nslookup on the domains is should confirm if the file is corrupt.
> > Oluwagbenga Shobowale

----
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/15/Everything/i386/os/

but I suspect that you will get a different mirror since when I check...

# host download1.rpmfusion.org
download1.rpmfusion.org has address 193.28.235.60

and 195.10.6.129 seems to point to a bugzilla address and not a
repository for rpmfusion

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:36 AM
"Oluwagbenga Shobowale"

Which means your dns is looking the wrong way. Nslook domain.com or dig domain.com is the command to use.
You would need to check name server that you are using it might be using cached info.
Oluwagbenga Shobowale

Old 08-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Jim

On 08/15/2011 01:36 AM, Oluwagbenga Shobowale wrote:
> Which means your dns is looking the wrong way. Nslook domain.com or dig domain.com is the command to use.
> You would need to check name server that you are using it might be using cached info.
> Oluwagbenga Shobowale
Yeah that was the problem, the router was feeding it bad dns IP's
in resolv.conf i entered ;

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

And now we are off and running.