Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Kevin Wilson

Default Create an application launcher in gnome3 fallback mode - F15

Hi,
I have a laptop on which I have fedora 15. This laptop is not strong,
so I prefer having gnome-3 fallback mode on it.
I tried to create an application launcher on the desktop.
when I click the right button, when the mouse is on the desktop,
nothing happens.
With Fedora 14, this opened the "create launcher" dialog.

rgs,
Kevin

Old 08-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 09:15:03 +0300, KW (Kevin) wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a laptop on which I have fedora 15. This laptop is not strong,
> so I prefer having gnome-3 fallback mode on it.
> I tried to create an application launcher on the desktop.
> when I click the right button, when the mouse is on the desktop,
> nothing happens.
> With Fedora 14, this opened the "create launcher" dialog.

Have you installed and used gnome-tweak-tool already?
I don't use the fallback mode, but gnome-tweak-tool offers an option
to "Have file manager handle the desktop", and I guess that also works
for fallback mode.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 09:15 +0300, Kevin Wilson wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a laptop on which I have fedora 15. This laptop is not strong,
> so I prefer having gnome-3 fallback mode on it.
> I tried to create an application launcher on the desktop.
> when I click the right button, when the mouse is on the desktop,
> nothing happens.
> With Fedora 14, this opened the "create launcher" dialog.
>
> rgs,
> Kevin

With gnome-tweak-tool installed right clicking on the desktop revels an
option to create a launcher. However, I am not using fallback mode

Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 09:15:03 +0300,
Kevin Wilson <wkevils@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a laptop on which I have fedora 15. This laptop is not strong,
> so I prefer having gnome-3 fallback mode on it.
> I tried to create an application launcher on the desktop.
> when I click the right button, when the mouse is on the desktop,
> nothing happens.
> With Fedora 14, this opened the "create launcher" dialog.

Alt right click on the menu bar will allow you to add launchers to the
menu bar.