Old 02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
"Antonio M"

Default Creation of a DVD from my photos

First time with this problem.
If I have my pictures, a buch of ogg files for music, which is the
tool to create a DVD???

I have already given a short trial to dvd-slideshow but I get:

Input #0, wav, from
'/home/antonio/fotografie/dvd-slideshow_temp_18471/audio1.wav':
Duration: 00:02:05.0, bitrate: 1536 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, 1536 kb/s
WARNING: The bitrate parameter is set too low. It takes bits/s as
argument, not kbits/s
Output #0, ac3, to
'/home/antonio/fotografie/dvd-slideshow_temp_18471/audio1.ac3':
Stream #0.0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 0 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Error while opening codec for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect
parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

I suppose that something is wrong in ffmep settings but I have no idea
what to do (furthermore ffmep is not standard in fedora!!!)

Any help???

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag

Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Robert L Cochran

If you just want to create a DVD, the first step is to use mkisofs to
create an iso image in iso9660 format. See `man mkisofs` for options. To
burn the iso image so created to a DVD, use growisofs on the command
line. To see the various options, read `man growisofs`. I generally
start growisofs, then leave the machine alone for an hour or so -- that
is how long my DVD burner (a Lite-On model) needs to burn a DVD+R in
Fedora 7, and it can take longer.

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

Old 02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
"Antonio M"

2008/2/15, Robert L Cochran <cochranb@speakeasy.net>:
> If you just want to create a DVD, the first step is to use mkisofs to
> create an iso image in iso9660 format. See `man mkisofs` for options. To
> burn the iso image so created to a DVD, use growisofs on the command
> line. To see the various options, read `man growisofs`. I generally
> start growisofs, then leave the machine alone for an hour or so -- that
> is how long my DVD burner (a Lite-On model) needs to burn a DVD+R in
> Fedora 7, and it can take longer.
>
> Bob Cochran
> Greenbelt, Maryland, USA
>

> Antonio M wrote:
> > First time with this problem.
> > If I have my pictures, a buch of ogg files for music, which is the
> > tool to create a DVD???
> >
> > I have already given a short trial to dvd-slideshow but I get:
> >
> > Input #0, wav, from
> > '/home/antonio/fotografie/dvd-slideshow_temp_18471/audio1.wav':
> > Duration: 00:02:05.0, bitrate: 1536 kb/s
> > Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, 1536 kb/s
> > WARNING: The bitrate parameter is set too low. It takes bits/s as
> > argument, not kbits/s
> > Output #0, ac3, to
> > '/home/antonio/fotografie/dvd-slideshow_temp_18471/audio1.ac3':
> > Stream #0.0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 0 kb/s
> > Stream mapping:
> > Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
> > Error while opening codec for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect
> > parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
> >
> > I suppose that something is wrong in ffmep settings but I have no idea
> > what to do (furthermore ffmep is not standard in fedora!!!)
> >
> > Any help???

tnx

I want to create a DVD where photos are shown in sequence and with
music (and finally with menu), to be played also on DVD home players

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag

Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Brian Millett

Antonio M escribío:

Antonio M wrote:
> First time with this problem.
> If I have my pictures, a buch of ogg files for music, which is the
> tool to create a DVD???
>
> I have already given a short trial to dvd-slideshow but I get:
>
> Input #0, wav, from
> '/home/antonio/fotografie/dvd-slideshow_temp_18471/audio1.wav':
> Duration: 00:02:05.0, bitrate: 1536 kb/s
> Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, 1536 kb/s
> WARNING: The bitrate parameter is set too low. It takes bits/s as
> argument, not kbits/s
> Output #0, ac3, to
> '/home/antonio/fotografie/dvd-slideshow_temp_18471/audio1.ac3':
> Stream #0.0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 0 kb/s
> Stream mapping:
> Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
> Error while opening codec for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect
> parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
>
> I suppose that something is wrong in ffmep settings but I have no idea
> what to do (furthermore ffmep is not standard in fedora!!!)
>
> Any help???

tnx

I want to create a DVD where photos are shown in sequence and with
music (and finally with menu), to be played also on DVD home players

Well, you read this as a howto:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6953

--
Brian Millett - [ Delenn to Sinclair (re: Vorlon files), "The Gathering"]
"If anyone asks, say it fell from the sky."

Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Antonio M wrote:

[...]

Try using the -mp2 option for the audio. You can create a
.dvd-slideshow directory in your home directory with a
dvd-slideshowrc configuration file in it. I have in mine:

debug=0
ac3=0

You may want to look at Slideshow Creator. It is a GUI front end for
DVD-Slideshow. I have used it to create DVD slideshows with music.
It does not support all the different transitions from one slide to
another that DVD-Slideshow does, but you can edit the text file it
create to change the transition type.

http://slcreator.sourceforge.net/

Mikkel

Old 02-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Robin Laing

Antonio M wrote:

[...]

I have done this but it is at home so I cannot provide the details of
what I did. I will look over the weekend (If I remember) and then bring
it in on Monday.

In the simple aspect, I had all the pictures in the same directory with
a simple fade between them to the music and done by a script.

--
Robin Laing