Old 08-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Tom Horsley

Default Changing default gnome colors

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:18:27 -0400
Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Where do I fine tune the default system colors. I'm referring to where GTK-
> based apps get the default colors for their widgets and backgrounds.

I hated the selection colors and finally tracked them down to the
files /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-3.0/settings.ini and
/usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/gtkrc. No doubt other
things besides selection colors are in those files.

I have a script that automagically edits those files which
I run every time I do a yum update in case the yum update
just installed an updated theme and screwed up the selection
colors again.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Genes MailLists

On 08/11/2011 01:36 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:18:27 -0400
> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> Where do I fine tune the default system colors. I'm referring to where GTK-
>> based apps get the default colors for their widgets and backgrounds.
>
> I hated the selection colors and finally tracked them down to the
> files /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-3.0/settings.ini and
> /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/gtkrc. No doubt other
> things besides selection colors are in those files.
>
> I have a script that automagically edits those files which
> I run every time I do a yum update in case the yum update
> just installed an updated theme and screwed up the selection
> colors again.

That is really quite sad that you have to resort to that ... congrats
on managing to find AWFGP 8-)

[1] another work around for Gnome Poop

Old 08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Tom Horsley

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:45:03 -0400
Genes MailLists wrote:

> That is really quite sad that you have to resort to that ... congrats
> on managing to find AWFGP 8-)
>

> [1] another work around for Gnome Poop

You just have to think about it as a game - its fun! (Actually I have
a bunch of other things I fix on every yum update as well, all of them
similar sorts of things to prove I'm in charge - I've even automated
it with a yum plugin I cobbled up to run a hook after every update :-).

Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Genes MailLists

On 08/11/2011 02:51 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:45:03 -0400
> Genes MailLists wrote:
>
>> That is really quite sad that you have to resort to that ... congrats
>> on managing to find AWFGP 8-)
>>

>> [1] another work around for Gnome Poop
>
> You just have to think about it as a game - its fun! (Actually I have
> a bunch of other things I fix on every yum update as well, all of them
> similar sorts of things to prove I'm in charge - I've even automated
> it with a yum plugin I cobbled up to run a hook after every update :-).

As long as you're happy ... :-)

I did an AWFGP as well .. but it doesn't need rerunning (yet :-) ... I
switched DE's .. :-)