Old 08-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Genes MailLists

Default glibc scriptlet failure on todays f15 update

When I updated today I got this:

Updating : glibc-2.14-5.x86_64
2/115
Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package glibc-2.14-5.x86_64
/usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade: While trying to execute /sbin/service
child exited with exit code 1
warning: %post(glibc-2.14-5.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Should it be running "service" or "systemctl" ?

Do I assume this is benign ?

gene

Old 08-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Jakub Jelinek

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:59:03PM -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:

> When I updated today I got this:
>
> Updating : glibc-2.14-5.x86_64
> 2/115
> Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package glibc-2.14-5.x86_64
> /usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade: While trying to execute /sbin/service
> child exited with exit code 1
> warning: %post(glibc-2.14-5.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

systemd is just buggy, see #698198.
In particular, when it is reexecing, systemctl or service requests shouldn't
just fail without any waiting till it comes up again (of course with some
reasonable timeout). All systemd predecessors behaved sanely in this case.

Jakub

Old 08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Genes MailLists

On 08/11/2011 03:25 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:59:03PM -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
>>

>> When I updated today I got this:
>>
>> Updating : glibc-2.14-5.x86_64
>> 2/115
>> Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package glibc-2.14-5.x86_64
>> /usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade: While trying to execute /sbin/service
>> child exited with exit code 1
>> warning: %post(glibc-2.14-5.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
>
> systemd is just buggy, see #698198.
> In particular, when it is reexecing, systemctl or service requests shouldn't
> just fail without any waiting till it comes up again (of course with some
> reasonable timeout). All systemd predecessors behaved sanely in this case.
>
> Jakub

Thanks Jakob - I'm a little surprised this has been broken for so long
... does anyone know if Lennart (is there anyone else who works on
systemd?) has any thoughts how to fix this yet?