Old 08-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Steven Stern

Default gnome shell does not wake up

This has been going on for a while. I've bugzilla'd it, but I'm not
seeing anyone else report the problem. Is it just me?

When I walk away from my computer for more than a couple of hours,
wiggling the mouse or hitting a key restores the time at the top of the
screen, but nothing else. I cannot get gnome shell to come out of
whatever mode it's in.

To gain access, I CTRL-ALT F2, go to a terminal shell, and kill the
gnome shell process. ALT-F1 takes me back to the GUI and the shell
recreates itself.

Using the standard Radeon driver. Shell set to blank the screen after
10 minutes but not require a password to regain access.

--
-- Steve