Old 08-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Michael Hennebry

Default SanDisk vs. Fedora 14

I have SanDisk flash cards for my camera and a SanDisk
USB to flash card device for reading said cards.
Since Fedora 14, I've not been able to mount a SanDisk flash card.
demsg gives me
sdd: unknown partition table
Am I missing a package or something?

--
Michael hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Michael Cronenworth

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> Am I missing a package or something?

USB devices and file systems are handled entirely by the kernel.

Here's some things I can think of that could be wrong:
1. The newer kernel is incompatible with your USB reader.
2. Your reader has coincidentally broken.
3. The flash media has coincidentally died.

Try either a different reader, flash media, or older kernel (or mixes of
them).