Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 AM

Default fc15 automatically re-boots after fc14 to fc15 upgrade

Gentlemen,

I did 'yum update'
***** 'yum install preupgrade'
**** 'preupgrade'

And then re-booted system, running KDE on a Dell 1501 Laptop;1gb ram, 120GB HD partitioned Win and Fedora; When I do a normal leave and shutdown all goes normally, then it seems at random time the system will be running again and waiting to select the user.* I shut down last knight 10 pmish and my wife awoke me at 335am with the system waiting for the selection of user. The only other thing that seems strange is that the time is incorrect, it says 3:38Pm on the 7th and it is 10:40 pm on the 7th and the time and date were set this morning and were correct before system was shutdown. I don't remember seeing any strange messages on the update.

Thank you in advance for your time

John A. Ward
john@mbstemps.com

Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Tim

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 05:41 +0000, john@mbstemps.com wrote:
> And then re-booted system, running KDE on a Dell 1501 Laptop;1gb ram,
> 120GB HD partitioned Win and Fedora; When I do a normal leave and
> shutdown all goes normally, then it seems at random time the system
> will be running again and waiting to select the user. I shut down last
> knight 10 pmish and my wife awoke me at 335am with the system waiting
> for the selection of user. The only other thing that seems strange is
> that the time is incorrect, it says 3:38Pm on the 7th and it is 10:40
> pm on the 7th and the time and date were set this morning and were
> correct before system was shutdown. I don't remember seeing any
> strange messages on the update.

Does your computer have a BIOS with a wake-up alarm (triggered by the
clock, or activity on the ports)? Does the BIOS have an option to fire
up the computer after a mains power failure? Do you have a pet cat that
might walk on the keyboard?

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 PM

Tim,

That was my thought but the bios doesn't seem to have any 'wake on alarm' or 'wake on lan' settings. From the messages log there seems to be wifi activity at the top of the log. Is it possible that fc15 is putting the system into a sleep mode, NOT turning the system off?* Only pet I have is a 97lb. dog, but he wasn't upstairs when this happened and he doesn't show any interest inkeyboards when he is upstairs.

John
*