Old 08-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Paul Allen Newell

Default question on nautilus

I am trying to change the default text editor in what I think is
Nautilus from gedit to vim. All the info I see online either addresses
it for another Linux flavor and/or seems to imply that I should see Gvim
as an option when I go into file->preferences (which I do not). I
spotted one link with seemed to imply that it might be something to the
effect of "/usr/bin/vim @1", but not enough for me to trust. I tried
searching in ~.local and ~.gnome* and ~.nautilus for any reference to
gedit thinking I could change a file, but found nothing.

Suggestions? (and that includes a scolding for "why didn't you look in
the obvious place?" which is not obvious to me)

Thanks,
Paul

Old 08-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Frank Cox

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 23:47:28 -0700
Paul Allen Newell wrote:

> Suggestions? (and that includes a scolding for "why didn't you look in
> the obvious place?" which is not obvious to me)

yum install vim-X11

Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Paul Allen Newell

Frank from Melville Theater gave me a solution that worked .... thanks !!!