Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Jorge Fábregas

Default Downloading Video off Youtube

On 08/04/2011 07:45 PM, james tate wrote:
> I wonder why that rpm wasn't pushed to the repos ?

I wondered the same thing but noticed the package was updated today
after the bug was submitted precisely today. The bug pointed to the
upstream patch and the Fedora packages quickly built it. I guess it'll
take some time before it shows up.

--
Jorge

Old 08-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Elliott Chapin

On 08/04/2011 08:46 PM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On 08/04/2011 07:45 PM, james tate wrote:
>> I wonder why that rpm wasn't pushed to the repos ?
>
> I wondered the same thing but noticed the package was updated today
> after the bug was submitted precisely today. The bug pointed to the
> upstream patch and the Fedora packages quickly built it. I guess it'll
> take some time before it shows up.
>

> --
> Jorge

Has nobody mentioned download helper (Firefox plugin)?

--
http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin

Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 AM
suvayu ali

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you try the update I linked to?

I'm on F14 so I didn't. But I did get an update for vlc today and I am
following the git HEAD for youtube-viewer.

--
Suvayu

Old 08-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 08/05/2011 12:11 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Did you try the update I linked to?
> I'm on F14 so I didn't. But I did get an update for vlc today and I am
> following the git HEAD for youtube-viewer.

Later in the thread, I pointed out the update for Fedora 14 as well.
In case you missed it

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1.fc14

Rahul

Old 08-06-2011, 06:08 PM
suvayu ali

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/05/2011 12:11 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Did you try the update I linked to?
>> I'm on F14 so I didn't. But I did get an update for vlc today and I am
>> following the git HEAD for youtube-viewer.
>
> Later in the thread, I pointed out the update for Fedora 14 as well.
> In case you missed it
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1.fc14

Thanks a lot Rahul. I installed the update, works great now.

--
Suvayu

Old 08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Aaron Konstam

> On 08/05/2011 12:11 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> Did you try the update I linked to?
> > I'm on F14 so I didn't. But I did get an update for vlc today and I am
> > following the git HEAD for youtube-viewer.
>
> Later in the thread, I pointed out the update for Fedora 14 as well.
> In case you missed it
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1.fc14
>
> Rahul

Despite thew promises of the link I can't find youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1
anywhere for f14 or f15. Where can you mind it? he latest one I can
find is 03-29-1. What am I missing?

Old 08-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Jorge Fábregas

On 08/06/2011 04:41 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Despite thew promises of the link I can't find youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1
> anywhere for f14 or f15. Where can you mind it? he latest one I can
> find is 03-29-1. What am I missing?

It's there (one page behind) Click on "youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1.fc14"
(in the "Builds" field) and then under RPMs, click on "download" in the
noarch" section.

Here's the direct link the rpm:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/youtube-dl/2011.08.04/1.fc14/noarch/youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1.fc14.noarch.rpm

HTH,
Jorge

Old 08-06-2011, 09:45 PM
suvayu ali

2011/8/6 Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas@gmail.com>:
> On 08/06/2011 04:41 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> Despite thew promises of the link I can't find youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1
>> anywhere for f14 or f15. Where *can you mind it? he latest one I can
>> find is 03-29-1. What am I missing?
>
> It's there (one page behind) Click on "youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1.fc14"
> (in the "Builds" field) and then under RPMs, click on "download" in the
> noarch" section.
>
> Here's the direct link the rpm:
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/youtube-dl/2011.08.04/1.fc14/noarch/youtube-dl-2011.08.04-1.fc14.noarch.rpm

# yum --enablerepo updates-testing update youtube-dl

--
Suvayu