Old 08-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Brian Truter

Default syslog-ng missing init script?

After updating to Fedora 15, syslog-ng no longer has an init script. How do you restart it?

Old 08-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 04.08.2011 19:08, schrieb Brian Truter:
> After updating to Fedora 15, syslog-ng no longer has an init script. How do you restart it?

systemctl?
you should say: thank god it does not use compat-layer

* Fri May 06 2011 Jose Pedro Oliveira <jpo at di.uminho.pt> - 3.2.3-2
- Fix systemd-related scriptlets (Bill Nottingham)
- Explicitly add --enable-systemd to configure's command line

Old 08-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Michael Cronenworth

On 08/04/2011 12:08 PM, Brian Truter wrote:
> After updating to Fedora 15, syslog-ng no longer has an init script.
> How do you restart it?

# systemctl restart syslog-ng.service

Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Brian Truter

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike@cchtml.com> wrote:

On 08/04/2011 12:08 PM, Brian Truter wrote:

> After updating to Fedora 15, syslog-ng no longer has an init script.

> How do you restart it?

# systemctl restart syslog-ng.service

Ahhh, thank you, Michael! I forgot they are starting to use systemctl now*