-   -   syslog-ng missing init script? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/560597-syslog-ng-missing-init-script.html)

Brian Truter 08-04-2011 05:08 PM

syslog-ng missing init script?

After updating to Fedora 15, syslog-ng no longer has an init script. How do you restart it?

Reindl Harald 08-04-2011 05:43 PM

Am 04.08.2011 19:08, schrieb Brian Truter:
> After updating to Fedora 15, syslog-ng no longer has an init script. How do you restart it?

systemctl?
you should say: thank god it does not use compat-layer

* Fri May 06 2011 Jose Pedro Oliveira <jpo at di.uminho.pt> - 3.2.3-2
- Fix systemd-related scriptlets (Bill Nottingham)
- Explicitly add --enable-systemd to configure's command line

Michael Cronenworth 08-04-2011 06:01 PM

On 08/04/2011 12:08 PM, Brian Truter wrote:
> After updating to Fedora 15, syslog-ng no longer has an init script.
> How do you restart it?

# systemctl restart syslog-ng.service

Brian Truter 08-04-2011 06:08 PM

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike@cchtml.com> wrote:

On 08/04/2011 12:08 PM, Brian Truter wrote:

> After updating to Fedora 15, syslog-ng no longer has an init script.

> How do you restart it?

# systemctl restart syslog-ng.service

Ahhh, thank you, Michael! I forgot they are starting to use systemctl now*