-   -   FC15, shutdown (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/560529-fc15-shutdown.html)

Jari Fredriksson 08-04-2011 01:54 PM

FC15, shutdown

Hello. I have a virtualized Fedora 15. I declared myself as a regular user.

There is not shutdown option in "Me-menu". I have to sudo shutdown -h now".

How do you shutdown Fedora? This can't be so that an ordinary user can't
do it.

--

Every cloud engenders not a storm.
-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"

gpe 08-04-2011 01:56 PM

FC15, shutdown

> There is not shutdown option in "Me-menu". I have to sudo shutdown -h
now".

Hold hown the ALT key and there will be a Power Off...

--
gpe

> > There is not shutdown option in "Me-menu". I have to sudo shutdown -h
> now".
>
> Hold hown the ALT key and there will be a Power Off...

Indeed! Thanks!

--

You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme
caution.

Andre Robatino 08-04-2011 02:48 PM

FC15, shutdown

Jari Fredriksson <jarif <at> iki.fi> writes:

> 4.8.2011 16:56, gpe kirjoitti:
> >
> > > There is not shutdown option in "Me-menu". I have to sudo shutdown -h
> > now".
> >
> > Hold hown the ALT key and there will be a Power Off...
> >

> Indeed! Thanks!

There are also various extension packages to change gnome shell's behavior, one
of them (gnome-shell-extensions-alternative-status-menu) gives a permanent
"Power Off..." menu option. To see a complete list, run "yum search
gnome-shell-extension".

08-04-2011 03:44 PM

FC15, shutdown

Try with: "poweroff"
There is updates to F15 , I hope you apply them.