FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-04-2011, 03:00 AM
"John Julien"
 
Default Ignoredisk

Hi,
I’m loading a Dell PowerEdge R710 and using the “ignoredisk –use- option. **For some reason sdb and sdc are showing up and Anaconda is throwing an error.* From the debug output it looks like this might be happening before the ignoredisk logic and during the initial disk probe.* Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this error and how to prevent it?
*
Here’s the log file output around the error:
11:36:34 INFO*** : anaconda.methodstr = http://cobblerserver/cblr/links/rhel55-x86_64 1
11:36:34 INFO*** : moving (1) to step enablefilesystems
11:36:34 DEBUG** : starting mpaths
11:36:34 DEBUG** : self.driveList(): ['sda', 'sdb', 'sdc']
11:36:34 DEBUG** : DiskSet.skippedDisks: []
11:36:34 DEBUG** : DiskSet.skippedDisks: []
11:36:34 DEBUG** : done starting mpaths.* Drivelist: ['sda', 'sdb', 'sdc']
11:36:34 CRITICAL: parted exception: Error: Error opening /tmp/sdb: No medium found
11:36:36 CRITICAL: parted exception: Error: Error opening /tmp/sdc: No medium found
11:36:38 INFO*** : disk.commit() for /dev/sda
11:36:38 DEBUG** : removing drive sda from disk lists
11:36:38 DEBUG** : starting mpaths
11:36:38 DEBUG** : self.driveList(): ['sda', 'sdb', 'sdc']
11:36:38 DEBUG** : DiskSet.skippedDisks: []
11:36:38 DEBUG** : DiskSet.skippedDisks: []
11:36:38 DEBUG** : done starting mpaths.* Drivelist: ['sda', 'sdb', 'sdc']
11:36:38 DEBUG** : adding drive sda to disk list
11:36:39 INFO*** : formatting swap as swap
11:36:40 INFO*** : formatting / as ext3
11:36:40 INFO*** : Format command:* ['/usr/sbin/mke2fs', '/dev/vg00/lvol3', '-i', '4096', '-j']
*
*
_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Chris Lumens
 
Default Ignoredisk

> I'm loading a Dell PowerEdge R710 and using the "ignoredisk -use-only=sda"
> option. For some reason sdb and sdc are showing up and Anaconda is
> throwing an error. From the debug output it looks like this might be
> happening before the ignoredisk logic and during the initial disk probe.
> Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this error and how to prevent it?

I don't know if this is a typo or not, but it's:

ignoredisk --only-use=sda

- Chris

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 PM
John Julien
 
Default Ignoredisk

Chris,Yea, this was a typo. *I am using --only-use=sda
I'm wondering if the issue I'm receiving was fixed in your commit:http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=pyparted.git;a=commitdiff;h=ca8cb72b182f6f152da e65491af3927895862fd3
Which I found in bugzilla:https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=495433
I'm having trouble tying this to an actual Red Hat release though. *It doesn't look like pyparted has changed at all in RHEL5.x and Anaconda has only had patches applied. * So far RHEL5.5 and 5.6 are exhibiting the issue. *RHEL6 does not. I'm going to attempt 5.7 this afternoon and see if it still exists there.


On Aug 4, 2011, at 8:49 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:I'm loading a Dell PowerEdge R710 and using the "ignoredisk -use->option. **For some reason sdb and sdc are showing up and Anaconda is
throwing an error. *From the debug output it looks like this might be
happening before the ignoredisk logic and during the initial disk probe.
Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this error and how to prevent it?

I don't know if this is a typo or not, but it's:

**ignoredisk --only-use=sda

- Chris

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 08-04-2011, 10:47 PM
John Julien
 
Default Ignoredisk

The problem persists in RHEL5.7
On Aug 4, 2011, at 1:05 PM, John Julien wrote:Chris,Yea, this was a typo. *I am using --only-use=sda
I'm wondering if the issue I'm receiving was fixed in your commit:http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=pyparted.git;a=commitdiff;h=ca8cb72b182f6f152da e65491af3927895862fd3
Which I found in bugzilla:https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=495433
I'm having trouble tying this to an actual Red Hat release though. *It doesn't look like pyparted has changed at all in RHEL5.x and Anaconda has only had patches applied. * So far RHEL5.5 and 5.6 are exhibiting the issue. *RHEL6 does not. I'm going to attempt 5.7 this afternoon and see if it still exists there.


On Aug 4, 2011, at 8:49 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:I'm loading a Dell PowerEdge R710 and using the "ignoredisk -use->option. **For some reason sdb and sdc are showing up and Anaconda is
throwing an error. *From the debug output it looks like this might be
happening before the ignoredisk logic and during the initial disk probe.
Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this error and how to prevent it?

I don't know if this is a typo or not, but it's:

**ignoredisk --only-use=sda

- Chris

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list


_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Chris Lumens
 
Default Ignoredisk

> I'm wondering if the issue I'm receiving was fixed in your commit:
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=pyparted.git;a=commitdiff;h=ca8cb72b182f6f152da e65491af3927895862fd3
>
> Which I found in bugzilla:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=495433
>
> I'm having trouble tying this to an actual Red Hat release though. It doesn't look like pyparted has changed at all in RHEL5.x and Anaconda has only had patches applied. So far RHEL5.5 and 5.6 are exhibiting the issue. RHEL6 does not. I'm going to attempt 5.7 this afternoon and see if it still exists there.

Well, that patch would clear up the "No medium found" stuff, but I don't
think that should affect the --only-use at all. It looks like a bug to
me. Can you post your complete /tmp/anaconda.log and your kickstart
file (minus any passwords, etc.) somewhere?

- Chris

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 
Old 08-11-2011, 05:53 PM
"John Julien"
 
Default Ignoredisk

Hey Chris,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. We've been very busy with
Linux loads (mostly virtual which always seem to go flawlessly) and I
haven't had a chance to get back to this until now.

You can find a copy of the anaconda.log and kickstart file at URLs:

https://home.comcast.net/~john.julien/anaconda/anaconda.log
https://home.comcast.net/~john.julien/anaconda/kickstart.ks

In this kickstart we're %including /tmp/ignoredisk which is created in the
%pre. We do this because the local disk on our HP systems have a name other
than /dev/sda.

I've tried this load removing the %include and hard coding "ignoredisk
--only-use=sda", and "ignoredisk --drives=sdb,sdc". When I use "ignoredisk
--drives=sdb,sdc" I don't run into this issue.

Thank you for your help!


-----Original Message-----
From: anaconda-devel-list-bounces@redhat.com
[mailto:anaconda-devel-list-bounces@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Chris Lumens
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 1:04 PM
To: anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: Ignoredisk

> I'm wondering if the issue I'm receiving was fixed in your commit:
>
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=pyparted.git;a=commitdiff;h=ca8cb72b182f6
f152dae65491af3927895862fd3
>
> Which I found in bugzilla:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=495433
>
> I'm having trouble tying this to an actual Red Hat release though. It
doesn't look like pyparted has changed at all in RHEL5.x and Anaconda has
only had patches applied. So far RHEL5.5 and 5.6 are exhibiting the issue.
RHEL6 does not. I'm going to attempt 5.7 this afternoon and see if it still
exists there.

Well, that patch would clear up the "No medium found" stuff, but I don't
think that should affect the --only-use at all. It looks like a bug to
me. Can you post your complete /tmp/anaconda.log and your kickstart
file (minus any passwords, etc.) somewhere?

- Chris

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org