Old 08-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Paulo

Default Booting with two (2 ) device graphic adapters.

Hello All.

I have a singular problem booting Fedora, and is an interisting problem.

I have a Dell Notebook XPS-15z ( i7-2620M - 8GB RAM ).
It has two (2) device graphic adapters.
-- 1) Intel HD Graphics 3000 (integrated).

-- 2) NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 3D-Vision.

OK .. Lets go to the problem...

During
Booting Process the video drivers Nouveau or* Vesa, depending on boot
option, can`t identify that there are 2 graphic adapters,
or they can`t
allocate one of them to use,
and then the booting process is halted with a
white screen.

There are some kind of Kernel parameters to specify
to the video driver that it must allocate only one device graphic adapter
on machines with two graphic adapters ????????

Interesting problem...
Thanks all.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:35 AM
gpe

On 08/03/2011 07:35 AM, Paulo wrote:

> There are some kind of Kernel parameters to specify to the video driver
> that it must allocate only one device graphic adapter
> on machines with two graphic adapters ????????

Have you tried to blacklist the module with kernel parameter
e.g. rdblacklist=nouveau nouveau.modeset=0
Alternatively you can have two sets of xorg.conf and you can activate
them with a service depending on the custom kernel parameters. (FYI all
the kernel parameters are stored in /proc/cmdline)

--
gpe