Old 02-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Leslie Satenstein

Default A smarter Grub utility

Here is a situation for a nice project. A gui interface to grub.

I have 3 hard disks on my desktop machine, and with that I have on one disk XP and PCLINUXOS,

Second disk with Fedora 7_x64
Third ** disk with Fedora 8 _x64

What I would like is a gui grub where I would say build the following path(s)
start with mbr on /sda, and chain to 2nd system on /sda, /sdb and /sdc

If I generalize what I want, it is for the utility to discover the operating systems on the hard drives and to let me thread the accesses, but to accept multiple threads.

So I would want to say something like

/sda.mbr-->/sda.XP + /sda.PCLINUXOS
/sdb.mbr-->/sdb.fedora7 + /sdc.Fedora8
/sdc.mbr-->/sdc.fedora8 + >/sdb.Fedora7

and other chains that would be consistant.

Also to include some or all of the code on the current SUPERGRUP ISO cd.

Leslie