Old 08-01-2011, 12:52 AM
"Steven F. LeBrun"

Default F15: Second monitor not detected after booting finishes

When Fedora 15 [x86_64] is booting on my laptop, it starts on the
laptop screen, then it throws the startup splash screen on my second
monitor.* When it finishes booting, it no longer can detect the
second monitor.

Why can Fedora 15 see both monitors, laptop screen and external
monitor, during the boot process then when finished booting can no
longer detect second external monitor.* Is this a problem with the
kernel, modules, drivers, desktop, hardware?

I have tried connecting the external monitor directly to the laptop
with an HDMI connector and through an USB Docking Station using DVI.

OS:** *** *** * Fedora 15 x86_64

Kernel:*** *** 2.6.38-35.fc15.x86_64

Desktop:*** Gnome 3.0.1

System:*** * Dell XPS 15R (i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz x 4)

Graphics:*** Intel Sandybridge Mobile

Memory:**** 8 GB

--

**Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: "The objection to fairy stories is that they tell
children there are dragons. But children have always known
there are dragons. Fairy stories tell children that dragons
can be killed."

**** -- G.K. Chesterton