Old 07-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Clemens Eisserer

Default What happend to aes586?

Hi,

I've recently switched to dmcrypt with aes cipher, which works quite well except for beeing a little bit slow (~40mb/s read/write), where even weaker CPUs in an old comparison I found yield ~60-80mb/s.

A few times AES586 is mentioned beeing a hand optimized assembler version of the generic AES module, but I wasn't able to find it. Is it not part of the Fedora15 default kernel, or has it been removed from vanilla as well?

Thank you in advance, Clemens